Our Client is looking for strong self-driven motivated candidate that would like to use their top skills in Oracle SQL, PL\SQL and BI industry in the Telecommunication environment.
Design and implement robust, scalable and optimally performing systems using Oracle related technologies, according to provided specifications, standards and procedures.
- Translate business requirements into technical designs adhering to processes, standards and guidelines, taking cognisance of performance, security and scalability requirements. Deliver within agreed timeframes.
- Liaise with relevant parties where clarification of business requirements or resolution to technical issues is needed
- Research and find effective solutions to technical issues that arise
- Estimate development timelines based on business requirements
- Construct robust, maintainable, scalable, optimally performing system code or reports in line with technical specifications, following prescribed process, standards and procedures. Deliver within agreed timeframes
- Conduct unit testing and fix any defects found
Support / Troubleshooting:
- Assist system users with technical support issues and handle according to defined procedures
- Ability to effectively analyse root cause of system errors (data errors, performance and stability issues)
Mentoring / Team development:
- Actively coach other developers to understand and apply the coding and architectural standards correctly, as well as any technologies in use
- Perform code review to ensure logical correctness, maintainability, scalability, performance, compliance with architectural standards and frameworks
- Keep abreast of current technological trends and how these might be applied in the environment
- Constant improvement of knowledge of the various applications, their functionalities and data models
- Ability to communicate clearly, constructively and effectively. Easily able to follow and participate in technical, business process, and other discussions
- Able to build business relationships with other members of team and the business areas we support.
Required Core Competencies
* Using a rating scale of 1 to 5 (where 1 = beginner and 5 = expert)
- PLSQL [Level=4]
- SQL [Level=4]
- Dynamic SQL [Level=4]
- SQL and PLSQL performance tuning [Level=4]
- Report writing [Level=4]
- Action orientated go-getter, hungry to learn and add real value
- Structured and analytical problem solver: Obsessive about finding solutions to problems: action oriented problem solver.
- Able to plan, organise and prioritize own work
- Able to multitask
- Able to work independently
- Able to work under pressure
- Team player: reliable, works actively with others towards common goal, communicates constructively, shares information, knowledge and experience, treats others in a respectful and supportive manner
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements
Qualifications & Experience
- Oracle SQL \ PLSQL
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent 3 year qualification
- Microstrategy or any other BI reporting tools
- Telecommunications Industry